Responder al tema  [ 4 mensajes ] 
Cambios de administrador en la pagina/facebook de stalker 
Autor Mensaje
Stalker Fantasma Supremo Todopoderoso
Stalker Fantasma Supremo Todopoderoso

Steam: Espantapajaross
Lectura: Lovecraft, Policiales, aventura, Ray Bradbury, ect
Nota Cambios de administrador en la pagina/facebook de stalker
Al parecer, en los ultimos dias, Joe Mullin, uno de los administradores de la pagina oficial de stalker y quien maneja el facebook oficcial de stalker fue ''Despedido'' por nada mas ni nada menos que nuestro gran ''amigazo del alma'' Sergiy y fue suplantado por la nueva admin Olga Kuzhel, sin dar explicaciones exactas, simplemente con un mail que decía ''Te hemos dado de baja como administrador, lo sentimos''

He aquí el primer anuncio official de Olga en el facebook de stalker.

Spoiler:
Citar:
Greetings Stalkers!,

We have some good news, and some bad news. Joe will not be working on this page any further. We at GSC Game World, made Joe an offer over two months ago. However we never received a response from him. We are grateful to Joe that he didn’t close this page. We at GSC Game World will try to do everything to make the page as interesting, as it was with Joe. Of course, it will be hard at first as Joe was great community manager and a real stalker.

Please bare with us during this period as our first language is not English but Ukrainian. Over the coming weeks and months we are promising you interesting content, arts, and of course fresh exciting news with regards not only to the books, but to future plans involving the S.T.A.L.K.E.R universe.

That was the official part over!. Now I'll write about myself. My name is Olga. In the ranks of "Stalkers" As you know I started in 2006 to 2010 as a public relations manager. I worked with Oleg Yavorsky and Atem on the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game series.

In addition to playing Stalker, I also love strikeball, firearms and my motorcycle.

Many people complain that in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R universe there are no women. This is not true. Stalker begins with a women. Here it is - the first screenshots of Stalker : Oblivion Lost featured a female (few of you, must remember this screenshot). http://torrentszona.com/torrents/images ... 74551.jpeg
http://torrentszona.com/torrents/images/374550.jpeg

Over the years I have posted in many places, websites, forums and on this page.
So I am sure that we can be friends, and this page will became a real “fire” and “shelter” for the entire gaming S.T.A.L.K.E.R universe.
Thank you for your attention!.

Bien, bien ¿Ahora se preguntaran cual es el problema con esto? El problema es que, el despido injustificado de Joe Mullin tras sus largos años de servicio, a causado gran polemica en la comunidad Y Ah levantado mas los humos un tweet de Joe el cual cuenta un poco mas los motivos del cambio de administradores y unas cuantas opiniones contra Sergiy y la Ex-GSC

Spoiler:
Citar:
Here is my official statement regarding me no longer being admin of the official stalker community. When GSC asked me to make Olga admin of the page (as she wanted to use it to promote the new series of Stalker books) I, of course, said no problem and gave her the admin rights.

The following morning I logged on to facebook as I do every day and one of the things I do first is go through all the latest updates etc on the various pages I moderate and admin.

I open my mail to read a very short and rather rude and un-detailed email saying "We took you off admin, sorry" with no real explination.

I spent hours in a conversation with Olga and Sergiy explaining how hurt and disrespected I felt as after almost 3 years of working on the community, which I founded, to have it just taken away from me was disgusting behaviour.

Basically they lied to me and tricked me. Their intention was to pretend that Olga wanted to work with me on the page (as I am working for Vostok Games now, so she could help spread the work load) only to (the moment they were able) take the page away.

Granted, because it is the official page, by all rights it belongs to GSC Game World, I don't dispute that, but there is a way to do business and show respect to someone who worked for your company for so long and did as much as they could to help a brand they believed in.

So in short, it was not my choice to leave the stalker group. I was tricked into having a page I created stolen from me. The statement posted on facebook was written by me, but I had to remain diplomatic where as here, on my person twitter page I can say what I like.

GSC, Olga & Sergiy have shown they do not appreciate the efforts of the fans, modders and former staff. They are only out for themselves and take every chance they get to get a step ahead.

Also, keep one thing in mind. The only reason they wanted control of the stalker community is to exploit it (advertising the books) for their own finacial gain.

Please retweet this, post it on forums and share it with all your friends.

Regards,
Joe Mullin (joewillburn)

11 Ago 2012 23:21
Mercenarios
Mercenarios

Steam: Bitterkas
Lectura: Leer es de cobardes
Nota Re: Cambios de administrador en la pagina/facebook de stalke
Ah muy bonito. GSC se está ganando una fama de muerte. Aunque ahora ya más bien podemos recordar GSC como una editorial más que una desarrolladora de juegos.

12 Ago 2012 01:33
Perfil WWW
Monolith
Monolith

Steam: dadomuerto
Lectura: Bufffff... me gusta leer... ¿El foro? XDDDDD
Esto parece una telenovela en serio xD

13 Ago 2012 12:01
Solitarios
Solitarios

Steam: disgraciau
Lectura: -Metro 2033
-Metro 2033
Pues el culebrón empeora.

Se deshacen de los desarrolladores de la saga, del Community Manager, y ahora cargan contra el autor de los fan-libros.

Citar:
Dear Stalkers!

GSC Game World greatly appreciates S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game fan’s community. We deeply admire your enthusiasm in uploading films-stories to the Internet, the quantity and variety of novels and stories written by the fans of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. universe.
In our group, we are aiming at promoting your works and hope that the support of other gamers will give a push to your creating efforts.

However, currently we observe the situation, when some people use S.T.A.L.K.E.R brand for personal financial enrichment, violating all intellectual property and trademark laws and rights.

More than year ago the game fan from Hungary asked us to help promoting his first book in English and the website dedicated to this book called S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Southern Comfort, which we did with pleasure. Oleg Yavorskiy, the Head of PR department, thus made the announcements on our official and unofficial Internet resources about the book’s website and its future release. When the author put the book on Amazon, we asked him why he started to sell (!) the book without any agreements with GSC Game World as the right-holder.

Balash Pataki assured us, that the book like any other fan-content will be available for free, and he used the Amazon only for the convenience of the owners of Kindle. Unfortunately, there is no possibility to share the book for free on the Amazon, but he will keep the minimum price, and if the book is sold well, he will immediately sign a contract with GSC Game World.
Regrettably, Mr. Pataki turned out to be a liar.

Everyone who bought the book can see the writing on the very first page saying:
© 2011 GSC Game World and used by courtesy of GSC Game World. All Rights Reserved
«No portion of this publication may be reproduced, by any means, without the express written permission of the copyright holder(s).»
Therefore, there were no free books giveaway, neither there was a low price ($7,5 now) on Amazon.

We discussed this issue with Mr. Pataki several times, but he was first saying that the sales were not more than a few copies per month; and when we received the information on the actual sales, he threatened us to start the massive PR-activity: “the fan is harmed by a big and evil company”.

In April, he was already selling two books, having not even notified GSC Game World about the release of the second one.
Now, after several months of negotiations we realized that the author is not going to lower the book’s price, or give out the book for free (as it is normally done with any other fanworks).

We would like to officially announce that the books by Balash Pataki do not have any official rights or permissions from the GSC Game World to use our trademarks and copyrights to sell (!) the book.
Above all, we are going to protect the rights of the fans who honestly share their creations for free, abiding by the copyright laws. There are dozens and hundreds of such fans, and we cannot allow infringing upon their rights.

We do not want to be considered an incarnation of evil, when we’re caring for equal rights for our fans. This is why we are addressing Balash Pataki through our group with the request to remove his books from any sales networks. And if he wants to continue promoting his works, he should do it, sharing his books for free, as the other authors do.

El propio autor de los libros ha dicho que nanay, que son unos embusteros, y mucho más abajo lo deja claro:

Citar:
Here's the longer and uncut version of the story if you want to know the truth.

"… currently we observe the situation, when some people use S.T.A.L.K.E.R brand for personal financial enrichment, violating all intellectual property and trademark laws and rights."
This is a bold statement coming from a company who has built a whole game franchise on IP violation. The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games are only tolerated but not legally approved by Boris Strugatsky, who is the author of "Roadside Picnic" and the creator of the whole idea about the Zone, anomalies, artifacts and Stalkers.
"More than year ago the game fan from Hungary asked us to help promoting his first book in English and the website dedicated to this book called S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Southern Comfort, which we did with pleasure."

Wrong. My very first step was to ask GSC for permission to use their IP such as game quotes etc., and received this permission in writing from GSC.

"Oleg Yavorskiy, the head of PR department, thus made the announcements on our official and unofficial Internet resources about the book’s website and its future release. When the author put the book on Amazon, we asked him why he started to sell (!) the book without any agreements with GSC Game World as the right-holder."
Very wrong. I exchanged dozens of emails with Yavorsky/GSC about income sharing, royalty structure and even sales through Stalker-shop.com.
"Balash Pataki assured us, that the book like any other fan-content will be available for free, and he used the Amazon only for the convenience of the owners of Kindle. Unfortunately, there is no possibility to share the book for free on the Amazon, but he will keep the minimum price, and if the book is sold well, he will immediately sign a contract with GSC Game World."
Very wrong. As said above, sharing royalties was discussed at lengths with Yavorsky. Our agreement was: until sales reach 1000 copies, I can keep all royalties. Once 1000 copies are sold, we'll discuss how to proceed. It was a bad deal but no matter how hard I pushed for a formal contract, GSC failed to react on this matter.
"Regrettably, Mr. Pataki turned out to be a liar."
Thanks GSC for the perfect occasion to say: "Let the Zone take me if I'm lying!" Also, you can worry about paying my daughter's college fee in a few years.
"Everyone who bought the book can see the writing on the very first page saying:
© 2011 GSC Game World and used by courtesy of GSC Game World. All Rights Reserved […] Therefore, there were no free books giveaway, neither there was a low price ($7,5 now) on Amazon."
Got to admit I don't understand what GSC wants to say here. In any case the book copyright page proves that I acted in due diligence, doing my utmost to ensure GSC's IP is respected.
"We discussed this issue with Mr. Pataki several times, but he was first saying that the sales were not more than a few copies per month; and when we received the information on the actual sales, he threatened us to start the massive PR-activity: “the fan is harmed by a big and evil company”."
Very wrong.
1) Oleg Yavorsky and Joe Mullin have been informed about sales and royalties on a regular basis; after GSC ceased to exist as a game developer in December 2011 and Oleg didn't reply to any of my emails, sales reports went to Joe Mullin.

2) Earlier this year, a guy called Sergiy Grushko contacted me through Facebook chat out of the blue and demanded on behalf of GSC that I remove the STALKER logo from my books. This was a tricky situation. On one hand, since GSC has the IP rights, I had to comply. On the other hand however, I knew this would be very bad PR for GSC. I tried to talk Grushko out of this. Part of my efforts was a post on the book's FB page, asking my fans about this. The overwhelming response proved me right. Grushko only remarked: "I understand your position." Then GSC went quiet and I, perhaps stupidly, had hoped they really understand that keeping the books as they are would be in GSC's own interest.
Moreover, I offered them to share the royalties as it had been agreed with GSC originally but Grushko ignored this.
"In April, he was already selling two books, having not even notified GSC Game World about the release of the second one."

Wrong. I informed Oleg about the second book in due time but received no reply to this either. Joe Mullin however, as the man in charge of handling the non-Russian fan community, didn't object and promoted both books on the Official STALKER page several times.

"Now, after several months of negotiations we realized that the author is not going to lower the book’s price, or give out the book for free (as it is normally done with any other fanworks)."
Wrong. After that chat with Grushko no one from GSC had contacted me for months. On 13 August 2012 I realized that FB removed my profile picture "for copyright infringement". (It was a painting by an artist specifically made for my book.) I sensed trouble coming and first asked Olga Kuzhel, now in charge of GSC's FB page, who denied any knowledge. Then I asked Grushko who also claimed to know nothing. At the same minute I received an email from Amazon informing me about a copyright infringement claim having been filed against my books, sent by Sergiy Grushko to Amazon on behalf of GSC. When I confronted him with this, he went berserk and accused me of stealing money from GSC and so on. I repeatedly told him: let's discuss this, let's come to an agreement, but don't go down the way you appear to have taken because fans will hate GSC for it, and after all both of us wants to keep fans happy. In the end I offered him to make the books available for free as he demanded but asked to keep the STALKER logo on their cover and the royalties collected so far (talking about the "massive" amount of 3700 USD.) I waited and waited for his reaction; he could have offered any reasonable and fair deal to share the royalties, say "let's forget about it" or just say no and press on with his demands. Bottom line: I received no reply. Why? Because at the very same moment he was busily typing the defaming post on the Official Stalker page.

"We do not want to be considered an incarnation of evil, when we’re caring for equal rights for our fans.[…] if he wants to continue promoting his works, he should do it, sharing his books for free, as the other authors do."
Wrong. As said, the contrary of these statements can be proved. They did not "request me to remove my books from any sales networks" but took that step by themselves without consulting me. (Probably they didn't expect Amazon forwarding me their request. I guess GSC is used to a much less transparent business environment.) "Other authors" do not have the same agreement I have had with GSC. If Grushko/GSC doesn't know about my agreement with Yavorsky/GSC – sorry that's not my fault and there exists a word such as "diligence" for how Grushko/GSC should have proceeded. Not to mention "public relations", another word that appears to be missing from GSC's vocabulary.

All in all, it appears to me they never really wanted to settle this in a civilized manner. GSC's real intention is probably something else, related to their recently published "official" graphic novel, and one can assume they consider my two STALKER books, though written legally and on a basis of an agreement with GSC, a competitive product that has to be removed.

Matter of fact: the way GSC defamed me in front of 30 000 game fans, many of them friends of mine, was unnecessary, unprovoked and totally inappropriate. Hence I will file a legal charge against GSC for defamation, asking for non-damage compensation at an amount considered reasonable by US courts in California where cases involving defamation and libel committed on Facebook are settled.

En fin, GSC ya no es lo que era ni por asomo, es increíble como han hundido ellos mismos su propia franquicia con la que se podían haber coronado.

P.D: Coño, cuanto tiempo sin postear por aquí :lol:

14 Ago 2012 21:40

Responder al tema   [ 4 mensajes ]